WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I've got Satchmo running, and now I'm ready to work on a payment module for Google Checkout. I've been looking into what's available out there and I find gchecky 0.2.1 (Sep. 2008) and getpaid.googlecheckout 0.3 (Dec. 2008). Now I find it odd that these seem to be abandoned years ago.

Also I find documentation for these and Satchmo integration to be hard to find, or lacking in step by step instructions. I'm fairly new with Django/Satchmo... yet I've struggled ahead enough to get it working and manageable.

I've ordered a book on Django (Beginning Django Ecommerce (Expert's Voice in Web Development)) which is the most recommended book in this category on Amazon. I need to get things done as quickly as I'm able, and the book won't arrive for another two weeks according to estimation. So any help or pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Now I also see that Daniel Shorten has made a Beanstream module for Satchmo. And according to him he used the Google Checkout API as a model to do this. So he recommends reverse enginering his module for Google Checkout in Satchmo.

Now I want to use method #2 of Google's Checkout API to integrate as a custom cart and get verification on sales paid for to update the inventory live on purchase.

So all in all it looks like I may have everything I need... but to help you understand where I'm at... I don't know what to do, and in which order to do it in. I need direction basically. Google has sample/demo code for 6 languages for the checkout... none of which are Python. Google's Checkout Cart API does have really good outline for Google Checkout Custom Cart How To XML . But then I feel the next step from here would be to learn either Python XML handling to generate the order and figure out how to use that with signals, or some sort of template pre-generated for orders in XML format that uses Satchmo/Django to iterate over each product in cart and submit it.

If you can just help me get started... If I can get started right I can most likely find my way through. A general plan.

Thanks!!!

-Daniel

asked 18 May '11, 16:10

JBlack
accept rate: 0%

This sounds like something that should have already been done by someone in the Satchmo community, so I recommend you ask in the Satchmo mailing list. I'll leave the answer open here just in case somebody here knows how to help you. :)

(18 May '11, 18:01) seanf

This has since been completed and included with a standard Satchmo installation.

You will need to add

INSTALLED_APPS = (
    'payment.modules.google',
)

to your settings.py file

permanent link

answered 10 Nov '11, 12:41

amites
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×7
×4
×2
×1

question asked: 18 May '11, 16:10

question was seen: 3,980 times

last updated: 10 Nov '11, 12:41

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM