WebFaction
Community site: login faq

All of a sudden my WordPress site today started displaying without the CSS applied. I hadn't made any recent changes so was puzzled. I disabled W3 Total Cache, and the site returned to normal. I re-enabled W3 Total Cache and the problem returned.

Any ideas?

asked 21 May '11, 16:28

adebarros's gravatar image

adebarros
accept rate: 0%

Is CDN enabled in the plugin? I've found a few articles at WordPress.org that suggest this is bug, or at least the person asking about this issue was requested to enter a bug report. I found a post there with some troubleshooting steps to help you narrow down the problem: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-w3-total-cache-css-file-not-loading-properly

I hope this helps.

permanent link

answered 21 May '11, 16:50

maryh's gravatar image

maryh ♦♦
1.2k6
accept rate: 37%

I never enabled CDN, but when I went into the control panel today it was enabled. I disabled CDN, but the problem persisted.

permanent link

answered 21 May '11, 22:06

adebarros

Can you view the source of the html page rendered and see if the CSS URL is rendered differently with and without the plugin?

(21 May '11, 22:10) neeravk neeravk's gravatar image

I've narrowed the problem down to the Minify CSS setting. If I disabled that, the CSS displays properly. If I enable minify on CSS, then the CSS is not applied to the site.

I uploaded a fresh copy of my CSS file to my site, which did not change the behavior.

(22 May '11, 15:26) adebarros adebarros's gravatar image

Isolating the issue to the plugin is about all you can do without touching the source code. From here you would look at the source code of the plugin and try to determine what it is doing exactly.

(22 May '11, 17:12) johns ♦♦ johns's gravatar image

A bit of Googling turned this up: http://wpcandy.com/reports/quick-fix-w3-total-cache-bug-in-most-recent-version

permanent link

answered 22 May '11, 17:44

adebarros

i find a free online service to minify js and compress css , so it will reduce the size of web page.

permanent link

answered 30 Dec '15, 09:10

wenbuyi's gravatar image

wenbuyi

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×222

question asked: 21 May '11, 16:28

question was seen: 14,908 times

last updated: 30 Dec '15, 09:10

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM