WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi, I hope I can get help through here. I am trying to create a copy of my vBulletin forums at sc2mx.com so I can manage one as a development system and the other as production system, so to speak.

My production database is romri_sc2mx, my new development database is romri_sc2mx_dev. I am trying to migrate all content from the former to the latter.

I created an sql dump from romri_sc2mx using phpMyAdmin called localhost3.sql but when I try to import it into romri_sc2mx_dev, I get the following:

> [romri@web113 sc2mx_dev]$ mysql -u romri_sc2mx_dev -p -D romri_sc2mx_dev < localhost3.sql

Enter password:

ERROR 1044 (42000) at line 21: Access denied for user 'romri_sc2mx_dev'@'localhost' to database 'information_schema'

I cannot import through phpMyAdmin because the SQL dump is too big (lol).

Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated!

asked 29 May '11, 21:18

RommelTJ
accept rate: 0%

Hi,

It seems your SQl dump contains the dump for information_schema table which is a system table hence inaccessible to normal users.

You would need to remove any lines referring to that database from the dump for it to be successful.

Please also make sure that the dump contains the tables and data only for a s ingle database which is "romri_sc2mx_dev" in this case.

Hope that helps!

permanent link

answered 29 May '11, 21:32

neeravk
1.5k3412
accept rate: 41%

After doing that, I get:

> [romri@web113 sc2mx_dev]$ mysql -u romri_sc2mx_dev -p -D romri_sc2mx_dev < localhost2.sql

Enter password:

ERROR 1044 (42000) at line 21: Access denied for user 'romri_sc2mx_dev'@'localhost' to database 'romri_sc2mx'

I'm currently editing the sql file, but if you have any insights that would be great as I'm not very familiar with SQL.

(29 May '11, 22:20) RommelTJ

The problem is that by default the user romri_sc2mx_dev only has access to the database romri_sc2mx_dev not romri_sc2mx which is causing the problem.

Hence, you need to either replace occurrences of romri_sc2mx with romri_sc2mx_dev in your file or grant access to romri_sc2mx to romri_sc2mx_dev using: http://community.webfaction.com/questions/803/providing-phpmyadmin-access-to-other-users

Hope that helps!

(29 May '11, 22:28) neeravk
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×44
×27
×25
×9
×4

question asked: 29 May '11, 21:18

question was seen: 9,429 times

last updated: 29 May '11, 22:28

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM