WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi.

I'm running a Redmine App that I initially installed on a subdomain like projects.myusername.webfactional.com

Now I've added the domain mycompany.com.ar with several subdomains, one being projects.mycompany.com.ar

I've edited the redmine site entry in the control panel, and selected both subdomains (with CTRL key): projects.myusername.webfactional.com AND projects.mycompany.com.ar. Site app continues to be just the redmine app running on / path.

Unfortunately I'm only being able to access the redmine app from the old URL projects.myusername.webfactional.com, and I'm getting a "page not found" error from projects.mycompany.com.ar

Where is my mistake?? Is it possible to access a ruby/redmine app from 2 different URL's??

Thanks!

ps At the same time, I have another site for both subdomains mycompany.com.ar and www.mycompany.com.ar, with root path / pointing to a static-only app. Can it be interfering?

asked 05 Nov '10, 10:46

pagaitan
accept rate: 0%

Your static-only app should not interfere with your other app.

My guess is that your mycompany.com.ar domain does not use WebFaction's name servers, and you haven't created an A record for projects.mycompany.com.ar on your NS. So, even though you've created projects.mycompany.com.ar in our control panel, the subdomain doesn't really exist since there is no A record for it.

permanent link

answered 05 Nov '10, 11:03

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

Yes, my domain mycompany.com.ar is already using WF's name servers. I can reach the static web site (a single "under construction" page) with any browser, with or without the www.

(05 Nov '10, 13:11) pagaitan

I've checked your account, and I believe that your domain is not using WebFaction's name servers. If you would like us to confirm this in detail, feel free to open a support ticket.

(05 Nov '10, 13:16) seanf

I've just changed it earlier today. Maybe I have to give it some more time... Weird, I'm checking it in http://nic.ar, and it seems it's already done.

(05 Nov '10, 13:36) pagaitan

It appears that your site is appearing now.

(05 Nov '10, 14:04) aaronh ♦♦

The problem was the poor ISP we have in the office and its DNS caching server... I've accessed the site with a different connection and it works like charm with both subdomains.

I got this issue solved by submitting a support ticket.

Thank you again!

permanent link

answered 05 Nov '10, 19:48

pagaitan
accept rate: 0%

edited 05 Nov '10, 19:50

Great! Glad to hear it.

(05 Nov '10, 19:51) klynton
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×54
×17
×9

question asked: 05 Nov '10, 10:46

question was seen: 3,529 times

last updated: 05 Nov '10, 19:51

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM