WebFaction
Community site: login faq

hi folks,

I've read the docs on serving static media. Curious, does that mean I should have 1 static_media app per domain/project? i.e if i want to have a.foo.com/media/js/... and b.foo.com/media/js/.... i should use 2 static media apps for the mapping of each domain?

asked 19 Jun '11, 13:31

amateur
accept rate: 0%

If that's the case, then I'm not doing that. So far my setup has a symbolic link app created to point at one of the Django admin media folders, and then applied to the three django sites I've configured so far.

I have also done a mix of static setups for my purposes. In two cases, the static content comes from within the git repository clone that is being used to serve these site, so I have defined two symbolic links, one for each project, and pointed it at the subfolder with the static content in.

For my third django site/app, I have setup a Static app to serve the static content directly.

HTH, Carl

permanent link

answered 19 Jun '11, 13:37

Carl Marshall
accept rate: 0%

It boils down to this:

• If your sites use the same static media files on a given URL path, then you can use a single app to serve those files on that path (but you can use separate apps if you want to do so).

• If your sites use different static media files on a given URL path, then you must use separate apps to serve those files on that path.

permanent link

answered 19 Jun '11, 13:52

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×125
×22

question asked: 19 Jun '11, 13:31

question was seen: 2,691 times

last updated: 19 Jun '11, 13:52

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM