WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi Guys,

I am on a lot of mailing lists and have been using client side filters in Thunderbird 3.1.10 mail client to redirect emails for a mailing list to a mailing list specific folder.

I have recently replaced my Thunderbird client side filters with procmail server side filtering recipes. The filtering seems to be working just fine and emails are being redirected to appropriate folders when viewed in my Thunderbird. The only problem is that in Thunderbird client the folders do not show in bold like they used to, to indicate that they have unread mail until I actually click on the folder to see its content. I am guessing that this means that the folder's contents are not fetched until I click on it.

Does any one know how to fix this so when I fetch email via the Get Mail button in Thunderbird it gets mail for all the folders?

Here is an example of a procmailrc entry to redirect all emails for the users@maven.apache.org to the folder other/users-at-maven.

Do I need some special flag on the first line to get the folder to show that it has unread email?

:0: ^(From|Cc|To).users@maven.apache.org .other.users-at-maven/

asked 22 Jun '11, 08:17

Farrukh
accept rate: 0%

This has nothing to do with the filters on our side - it is a "feature" of Thunderbird. This article gives information on how to correct this behavior.

permanent link

answered 22 Jun '11, 08:26

tie
1.4k13
accept rate: 44%

edited 22 Jun '11, 08:40

Many thanks to your spot-on help I have the old behavior back using the following of the two methods:

"Set mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new true."

(22 Jun '11, 08:58) Farrukh
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×263
×17

question asked: 22 Jun '11, 08:17

question was seen: 3,507 times

last updated: 22 Jun '11, 08:58

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2021 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM