WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Is it possible to access the Webfaction-hosted DB (Postgresql , or mysql) via a client such as RazorSQL. RazorSQL is a desktop client that works with a bunch of different DBs.

I am looking to see what the connection parameters would be..

asked 25 Jun '11, 22:54

vjust
accept rate: 0%

You should be able to, and most likely the connection parameters would be the same as usual. Specifically, the most important thing to remember is that the database username and database name are the same; each database is owned by a database user of the same name. If you are attempting to connect remotely, it's usually easiest to just set up a tunnel as described in the documentation.

permanent link

answered 25 Jun '11, 23:03

ryans ♦♦
5.0k93460
accept rate: 43%

edited 25 Jun '11, 23:05

Cool - it was much easier than i thought - I used RazorSQL to connect to the OSQA postgresql DB. (without the tunneling for now).

(25 Jun '11, 23:11) vjust

Specifics in my case: Use the Username, Password, Database name contained in "settings_local.py" - webxx.webfaction.com is the DB host.

(25 Jun '11, 23:13) vjust

Correct; this works out-of-the-box for PostgreSQL. If you need direct remote access for a MySQL database (using the webxx.webfaction.com host) simply open a support ticket and we can enable remote access for the MySQL database(s) of your choice.

(25 Jun '11, 23:28) ryans ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×84

question asked: 25 Jun '11, 22:54

question was seen: 2,652 times

last updated: 25 Jun '11, 23:28

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM