WebFaction
Community site: login faq

hi webfaction folks,

I decided to post another question which is similar to the last question I have asked here. What I did to resolve the problem there was simply to move back all the eggs to ~/lib/python2.6. That worked.

Problem is, I created a git repository for ~/lib/python2.6 and cloned the repository to my PC. Same issue again: I have the exact ImportError again with the eggs and not the folders when PYTHONPATH is pointing to the working tree. I even edited easy-install.pth to use the full path of the eggs instead but was no help.

I probably can download the modules on my PC again but that would really defeat the purpose of syncing my files locally and remotely using git, isn't it?

Now, what really happen during easy_install that can cause such a problem? I mean, isn't it just downloading the egg and inserting an entry into the .pth file? I have no idea what this error can arise..

asked 28 Jun '11, 02:08

amateur
accept rate: 0%

See this post http://community.webfaction.com/questions/3435/managepy-satchmo_check-fails-with-python27 In it I have written a script you can use that will solve your PATH/PYTHONPATH issues with egg & standard library directories. It works.

permanent link

answered 02 Jul '11, 10:33

JBlack
accept rate: 0%

edited 02 Jul '11, 10:41

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×337
×111

question asked: 28 Jun '11, 02:08

question was seen: 3,563 times

last updated: 02 Jul '11, 10:41

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM