WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hello there,

I've PHP Application (Gallery) where I upload the pictures. I'm using new server so I created php.ini file by following http://docs.webfaction.com/software/php.html#id4

my php.ini look like this:

memory_limit = 64M upload_max_filesize = 10M post_max_size = 10M

Then also I couldnt able to upload file more then 2MB.

Any Idea?

asked 30 Jun '11, 10:10

webbyfox
accept rate: 100%

If the php.ini file is placed in the correct folder (it should be in the root directory of the application), and if the syntax is correct (you are missing the newlines from your post, otherwise the entries look correct), then the PHP upload limit should be increased. An easy way to see if the limit is indeed updated is to create a file called phinfo.php containing the following line:

<? phpinfo(); ?>

You can then access this dile over web to see all the PHP settings that your web applications see - these include upload_max_filesize and post_max_size. Do not forget to remove that file once you finish debugging your application - keeping it around is a security risk (albeit a minor one).

Note that the gallery application that you are using might have its own limits - you should check the documentation of the specific software that you are using to check if this is the case.

permanent link

answered 30 Jun '11, 10:20

tie
1.4k13
accept rate: 44%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×262
×87

question asked: 30 Jun '11, 10:10

question was seen: 3,736 times

last updated: 30 Jun '11, 10:20

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM