WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm getting this traceback when I try to do intial configuration on a fresh PhpGedView installation:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'No Connection Established' in
/home/dlatornell/webapps/phpgedview/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php:704 Stack trace: #0
/home/dlatornell/webapps/phpgedview/includes/functions/functions_db.php(2744): PGV_DB::prepare('SELECT setting_...') #1
/home/dlatornell/webapps/phpgedview/includes/session.php(533): get_user_setting('1', 'language') #2
/home/dlatornell/webapps/phpgedview/config.php(75): require_once('/home/dlatornel...') #3
/home/dlatornell/webapps/phpgedview/install.php(43): require_once('/home/dlatornel...') #4 {main} thrown in
/home/dlatornell/webapps/phpgedview/includes/classes/class_pgv_db.php on line 704

Oddly, the install went fine the first time through but I decided to wipe and re-install to change some fundamentals that aren't changeable within the app, and I've received this same traceback on all subsequent attempts. I'm guessing it might be a caching issue of some sort, but darned if I can find it.

The app is a Static/CGI/PHP-5.3 mounted at http://pgv.sadahome.ca/ and the MySQL database for it to use has been created.

The traceback seems to imply that the app is trying to connect to the database during the initial configuration process, before I have had the opportunity to provide the credentials for the database connection.

Any help would be appreciated...

Doug

asked 07 Jul '11, 12:57

dlatornell
accept rate: 0%

Hi,

Can you try to do it in a new app/database and see if that works?

If that does not help too, you can file a support ticket so we can take a better look at your account.

(07 Jul '11, 20:07) neeravk
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×3
×1

question asked: 07 Jul '11, 12:57

question was seen: 5,168 times

last updated: 07 Jul '11, 20:07

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM