WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I would like to set up a MySQL database with InnoDB tables (and preferably InnoDB as the default engine) on Web70. I am fine with database creation in the control panel if I can then switch to InnoDB by accessing MySQL either from the command line or phpMyAdmin.

Is this possible, or is the suggested solution to set up my own MySQL in my directories, as others in these forums seem to do when much customization is involved?

Thanks! Karl

asked 12 Jul '11, 15:05

brrc
accept rate: 0%

Our shared MySQL server uses MyISAM as the default storage engine.

You can create InnoDB tables by specifying that as the engine when you create your tables, eg:

CREATE TABLE table1 (col1 int) ENGINE=InnoDB;

If you need InnoDB to be the default every time, then you'll need to build your own MySQL and use that to manage your databases. Our latest tutorial for that is available here: Compiling a private MySQL installation in your home directory

Hope that helps!

permanent link

answered 12 Jul '11, 15:39

seanf
12.2k42136
accept rate: 37%

Is this still true? I've constructed a MySQL database and the tables are InnoDB.

(02 Jul '13, 15:02) littlepig

Starting with MySQL 5.5, InnoDB became the default. Newer Webfaction servers use MySQL (Percona) 5.5, so you'll get InnoDB. You can still use MyISAM should you need full-text searching, etc.

(02 Jul '13, 16:45) SethKinast
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×168
×3
×2

question asked: 12 Jul '11, 15:05

question was seen: 6,250 times

last updated: 02 Jul '13, 16:45

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM