WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi I created a Webfaction account with Django. It created a sample Django web application and mapped it to /. I created a static website and mapped it to / under websites link, but still Django application debug page is showing up. I changed the settings.py in the django project to turn off debug and restarted apache, but the change doesn't reflect either. Am I missing something here?

Update: I am trying to access the site from behind a caching proxy and hence the changes aren't visible to me immediately. I asked my friend to check it and he said he was able to see the changes

asked 13 Jul '11, 02:44

lgp171188
accept rate: 0%

edited 13 Jul '11, 03:13

Website record changes can take up to 5 minutes to take effect. If it's taking longer than that (and isn't related to DNS issues), please submit a support ticket and we'll look into it.

After you had edited your website record to mount the Static application at / to replace the Django application, the change should take place after a few minutes. Restarting the Django application code or changing the Debug setting should not have any effect, since incoming requests wouldn't be mapped to that application anymore.

permanent link

answered 13 Jul '11, 02:50

ryans ♦♦
5.0k93360
accept rate: 43%

Hi, the changes didn't reflect even after 30 minutes of changing the URL mapping. I have now deleted the test django application now and currently I still get the Django app page though the app and its application directories have been deleted. Let me wait for some time before submitting a ticket.

(13 Jul '11, 02:54) lgp171188

[Wed Jul 13 02:36:06 2011] [notice] Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_wsgi/3.3 Python/2.7.1 configured -- resuming normal operations [Wed Jul 13 02:49:39 2011] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down this is what is showing up in the logs when I request /

(13 Jul '11, 02:55) lgp171188
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×32

question asked: 13 Jul '11, 02:44

question was seen: 3,160 times

last updated: 13 Jul '11, 03:13

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM