WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

I have multiple websites running on one shared hosting, with each a unique domain name. Should I create an application for each of those websites? I tried using one application and different url paths but that didn't work. It gives me "There is no application mounted at the root of this domain." when navigating directly to a domain plus the websites are accesable through www.mainsite.com/othersite.com. That's not what I want.

Thanks in advance.

asked 15 Jul '11, 18:17

Saveas
accept rate: 0%

It looks like you have a single Static/CGI/PHP application. If you want to use subdirectories of this webapps directory for your sites, you'll need to create separate applications of the type "Symbolic link to static/cgi/php", where the "extra info" field for each one points to the absolute path containing the files that are to be used for that domain. Then in the website record for each domain, you would specify only this symbolic link app, and the path should be /.

Alternatively, you could just create a separate Static/CGI/PHP for each website, and specify the new app when setting up the website, with the path /.

I hope that helps.

permanent link

answered 15 Jul '11, 18:26

maryh
1.3k7
accept rate: 35%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×262
×6

question asked: 15 Jul '11, 18:17

question was seen: 3,758 times

last updated: 15 Jul '11, 18:26

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM