WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I notice in the Webfaction static files help docs, it says you can now enable far-future expires headers on the nginx (static-only) apps, if you enter "expires max" (without the quotes) in the "Extra info" box when creating the app.

If I didn't enter this initially when setting up the app, do I really have to delete my app and re-create it with this typed into the box in order to enable far-future expires headers? I set the option just now and YSlow is reporting no effect at this point. Wondering if there is some reset I can do for it to recognize the setting now.

asked 16 Jul '11, 10:38

swiharta
accept rate: 33%

edited 16 Jul '11, 10:39

The Control Panel settings of existing applications cannot be changed. You will need to re-create the app if you want to enable that settings.

permanent link

answered 16 Jul '11, 10:43

tie
1.4k13
accept rate: 44%

k, thanks!

(16 Jul '11, 10:58) swiharta

OK I re-created the static-only app with "expires max" in the "Extra info", but YSlow is still telling me it's not working.

This might be a dumb question, but if I'm symlinking from the static app folders to the folders in my django application's site_media folder, which themselves contain a bunch of symlinks to the actual files (made with the staticfiles app), will the expires-header I've supposedly set still have an effect?

(16 Jul '11, 11:18) swiharta

You wisely waited for me to figure out I screwed something up. I had mixed up which static app I was directing my "Website" to for serving static media. It's all good now. Symlinking like crazy works fine.

(16 Jul '11, 13:16) swiharta

Crazy that you can't reconfigure an existing app. Also: how about a more moderate expires (not "max"). How do you set that up?

(13 Jul '14, 22:31) brycenesbitt

Expires max is the only setting.

(14 Jul '14, 02:10) johns
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×186
×125
×7
×6

question asked: 16 Jul '11, 10:38

question was seen: 4,298 times

last updated: 14 Jul '14, 02:10

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM