WebFaction
Community site: login faq

daniel savage: I'm trying to setup two websites on the same account. I created the domains and folder paths to /site1 and /site2 -- two sites

but when going to site1.com I now get this error There is no application mounted at the root of this domain.

The file structure before was htdocs--> all the files for site1.com including index.html Now it is htdocs-->site1-->all the files for site1 and htdocs->site2 --> all the files for site2

Thanks for any help. Dan

asked 19 Jul '11, 15:26

Daniel Savage
accept rate: 0%

This is likely a mis-configuration, however it is much easier for us to just look at your account and tell you directly than try and figure it out here. Please submit a support ticket and we would be happy to look at the control panel configuration and tell you what would need to change.

I would guess the issue is you need to create a second website record and use it to bind the second app to the second domain.

For more information on the way our control panel manages websites, applications and domains please see the documentation,

http://docs.webfaction.com/user-guide/websites.html
permanent link

answered 19 Jul '11, 17:53

johns
5.3k312
accept rate: 23%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×20
×17
×11
×2

question asked: 19 Jul '11, 15:26

question was seen: 2,817 times

last updated: 19 Jul '11, 17:53

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM