WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm trying to install the TicketImporterPlugin for Trac using the Admin Plugin Management screen. I created the egg per the plugin instructions on my local machine, then uploaded it from the Admin screen. The plugin egg is showing up in the plugins directory, meaning it uploaded OK, but doesn't show up in the list of active plugins on the admin screen. I installed a copy of Trac locally using the Bitnami Trac Stack and tried the same procedure there. The new plugin showed up immediately in the admin screen soon after I clicked the 'install' button.
What do I need to do to get my WebFaction Trac instance to recognize the new plugin?

asked 20 Jul '11, 10:58

jkhile
accept rate: 100%

Try using easy_install to install your egg into your Trac app's lib/python2.4 directory, and then enable the plugin in trac.ini or via the Trac admin UI.

The following links may help:

permanent link

answered 20 Jul '11, 13:07

seanf
12.2k42136
accept rate: 37%

Thanks for the prompt reply. I read both pages and tried it out. It appears to work as advertised when I run it on my laptop, but whenever I try to run it while SSHed into my WebFaction account I get an error: "error: Unexpected HTML page found at http://trac-hacks.org/svn/ticketimportplugin/0.11"

Am I running into some sort of proxy problem or something? The docs at the first link you sent don't state that I need to do anything special to access the repository.

(20 Jul '11, 18:50) jkhile

I'm not sure why that happens. I think it's related to the Python setuptools library, but I've tried it with the latest setuptools, and the error still occurs.

I just had a peek at your account, and I think I see the problem - you built your eggs using Python 2.6, but our Trac setup uses Python 2.4. Rebuild the eggs on your WebFaction server using Python 2.4 and then try uploading the new eggs through Trac admin.

(20 Jul '11, 19:11) seanf

That did the trick! Thanks for the help -- I don't think I'd have figured that out on my own.

(21 Jul '11, 13:13) jkhile

You're very welcome!

(21 Jul '11, 13:19) seanf
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×27
×7

question asked: 20 Jul '11, 10:58

question was seen: 4,434 times

last updated: 21 Jul '11, 13:19

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM