WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I hace created a bucket in amazon S3 with name sub.domain.com then I have created the subdomain in the domain panel with the exact same name.

(Meanwhile I have already uploaded some static files and webpage to the bucket in S3 and i have enabled the site and tested it using the amazon url).

I create a DNS record with the subdomain and the Cname to the amazon endpoint of the webpage. Still everytime I access to "sub.domain.com" I get the Site not configured! page from webfaction. Still no redirection, no nothing :(

any help?

asked 25 Jul '11, 13:46

Phrozen
accept rate: 40%

Hi,

If you are getting that error it usually means that the DNS hasn't fully propagated yet. You can try running:

host sub.domain.com

to see if your DNS has changed. If it hasn't you may need to wait up to 48 hours for the changes to go through.

permanent link

answered 25 Jul '11, 14:44

klynton
1.6k1210
accept rate: 41%

Hi, that was awkward, I was hoping DNS were slow to propagate the changes but afaik Cnames are not slow propagate because the DNS server (webfaction) still responds with a redirect method.

Anyway, I added a new sub.domain.com and a new bucket, in another region, in another account of AWS. I added the Cname from the panel to this one, I sshed the server, host command, everything seems ok, I test it, OK is working, I do host command again on the previous subdomain, it says is OK, and only AFTER that, the Cname works as expected for the first domain.

Well at least it's working. Thanx for your help.

permanent link

answered 26 Jul '11, 11:29

Phrozen
accept rate: 40%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×104
×19
×6
×5
×1

question asked: 25 Jul '11, 13:46

question was seen: 9,056 times

last updated: 26 Jul '11, 11:29

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM