WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi, I have my primary domain ign.com.uy registered here on webfaction.

I'd like to create an ftp user that can upload files only to /webapps/my_client/ and can access this ftp by logging in to my_client.ign.com.uy

Can I accomplish this?

Currently I setup a secondary ftp user but it can access a folder which is not even inside my private folder, instead it's inside /home/my_client.

Thanks

asked 25 Jul '11, 15:52

iign
accept rate: 0%

You can grant them access to the folder and then the secondary user can add a convenient symlink to the folder in their home directory. Here is more information on how to do this: http://docs.webfaction.com/software/general.html?highlight=granting#granting-access-to-specific-users

permanent link

answered 25 Jul '11, 16:03

timg ♦♦
1.3k4
accept rate: 30%

I've completed all steps in the tutorial but I can't seem to see my primary folders from my secondary user. Also, I created a symlink but I'm not able to "switch" to that directory. I'm not sure how it's supposed to work. Thanks for your help.

(25 Jul '11, 22:51) iign

Can you file a support ticket with us so that we can see the exact permissions you have set and help you accordingly?

(25 Jul '11, 22:56) neeravk

I will. Thanks.

(26 Jul '11, 08:59) iign

Hi, it works ok....secondary user access just app granted, but if he up one level (to de webapps folder) he can see all my apps, its posible to hide to secondary user?

thanks.

(28 Jun '16, 15:30) ramirors

@ramirors you can't do that yourself, but if you open a support ticket to request it, we can do it for you.

(28 Jun '16, 21:09) seanf
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×62

question asked: 25 Jul '11, 15:52

question was seen: 10,564 times

last updated: 28 Jun '16, 21:09

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM