WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hello, I started an app using python 2.6 and django 1.3 with mod_wsgi 3.2. I then SSHed into my site, installed some python modules, and made various settings changes. I would like to revert all changes and start fresh. Would this merely entail deleting the web app I created and starting a new one using the same settings (django 1.3, python 2.6, and mod_wsgi 3.2). Or is it possible to change settings beyond apps, meaning to get back to "fresh install" settings, I would need to do more? Please help, thanks.

(Basically I was experimenting since this is my first experience with hosting a site and would like to revert all settings).

asked 29 Jul '11, 11:53

tractor's gravatar image

tractor
accept rate: 0%

If all you did was create an app and install some Python modules, then you can reset everything with the following steps:

1. Delete the app.
  2. Delete the contents of your ~/lib/python2.6 directory
  3. Delete the contents of your ~/bin directory.

Hope that helps!

permanent link

answered 29 Jul '11, 12:06

seanf's gravatar image

seanf ♦♦
11.9k21333
accept rate: 37%

Thanks, that basically takes care of most of it. I also did the following to update setuptools: 1) easy_install-2.4 --install-dir=$HOME/lib/python2.4 --script-dir=$HOME/bin setuptools==0.6c9 2) export PATH=$HOME/bin:$PATH Does this mean my path is still altered from how it originally was?

(29 Jul '11, 13:32) tractor tractor's gravatar image

If you added Python libraries to ~/lib/python2.4 then you'll want to empty that out as well.

If you didn't add the PATH export to your shell configuration (~/.bash_profile or ~/.bashrc) then the path change won't persist past your current login session.

(29 Jul '11, 13:38) seanf ♦♦ seanf's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×888
×332
×53
×16
×5

question asked: 29 Jul '11, 11:53

question was seen: 2,879 times

last updated: 29 Jul '11, 13:38

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM