WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I used the WebFaction Control Panel to create my first Drupal site. I got a nice installation of Drupal 7.4 which I've been using to learn the CMS.

Now I'm getting nudged to update to Drupal 7.7. The Drupal admin pages say "Updates of Drupal core are not supported at this time.", and there is no upgrade mechanism in the Web Faction Control Panel. Yet when I try to follow other directions online, I'm not allowed to work with Drupal root dir I own, I assume because the shared web server is accessing it.

[brrc@web70 webapps]$ mv brrc_cms/ brrc_cms74
 mv: cannot move `brrc_cms/' to `brrc_cms74': Permission denied
 [brrc@web70 webapps]$ ls -ld brrc_cms
 drwxr-sr-x 9 brrc brrc 4096 Jul  5 15:39 brrc_cms

Is there a simple way of upgrading when I use the shared installations, or must I install Drupal manually under the Apache instance I have if I want to upgrade?

asked 08 Aug '11, 14:43

brrc
accept rate: 0%

Hi,

Its not because the shared web server is accessing the directory but because we don't allow users to move webapps over the command-line since it breaks the mapping of apps on the control panel to the disk. If you want to do the above move, you can do it by creating a Static/CGI/PHP app from the panel named brrc_cms74 first and then moving files using:

mv brrc_cms/* brrc_cms74/*
(08 Aug '11, 23:31) neeravk
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×63
×25
×19
×2

question asked: 08 Aug '11, 14:43

question was seen: 4,011 times

last updated: 08 Aug '11, 23:31

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM