WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Can I use CloudFlare for my web apps at WebFaction, or will the domain utility at WebFaction work no longer?

asked 22 Aug '11, 14:46

larrybolt's gravatar image

larrybolt
accept rate: 0%

I have a followup query.

CloudFlare is handling my DNS - and pointing the domain to my Webfaction IP. So for a subdomain like blog.domainname.com that I want to point to a tumblr blog, do I create the subdomain in CloudFlare, point it to my Webfaction IP, where I then create the subdomain to point to tumblr or do I point the subdomain directly from CloudFlare to my tumblr?

(19 Jun '12, 10:59) Dhawal Dhawal's gravatar image

I have a followup query.

CloudFlare is handling my DNS - and pointing the domain to my Webfaction IP. So for a subdomain like blog.domainname.com that I want to point to a tumblr blog, do I create the subdomain in CloudFlare, point it to my Webfaction IP, where I then create the subdomain to point to tumblr or do I point the subdomain directly from CloudFlare to my tumblr?

permanent link

answered 19 Jun '12, 10:59

Dhawal's gravatar image

Dhawal

If CloudFlare is managing your DNS, then you need to point the subdomain directly to Tumblr from there.

(19 Jun '12, 11:32) seanf ♦♦ seanf's gravatar image

Yes, to both :)

You can use CloudFlare to cache your WebFaction-hosted apps - however, since you'll be using CloudFlare's NS, our NS will no longer manage your DNS records. You'll still need to create your domains and subdomains in our control panel to hook them up to your sites, but you'll need to create the actual DNS records with CloudFlare.

permanent link

answered 22 Aug '11, 18:05

seanf's gravatar image

seanf ♦♦
11.1k21131
accept rate: 37%

Hello i have created account on cloudflare and follow the complete process but the status is still showing inactive, as my site http://irctcloginpage.in/ which provides information about IRCTC, please suggest me.

permanent link

answered 16 Feb, 09:12

LuvChouhan's gravatar image

LuvChouhan

http://irctcloginpage.in seems to be working for me. If you're still having problems, then please open a support ticket.

(16 Feb, 16:06) seanf ♦♦ seanf's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×106
×6

question asked: 22 Aug '11, 14:46

question was seen: 5,075 times

last updated: 16 Feb, 16:06

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2017 PARAGON INTERNET GROUP LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF PARAGON INTERNET GROUP LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 7573953 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 182147021
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM