WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hello,

This is very weird, I removed all the apps from my site (via control panel) but it's still running. It's not cached because as soon as I change something in the html files, I see the change in my browser as well.

Any ideas?

Btw when I create a new Django app, add it to a domain I still only see the "site not configured" message instead the initial Django view. This must be the same issue...

Thanks, Balint

asked 23 Aug '11, 04:29

balint80's gravatar image

balint80
accept rate: 0%

Hi Balint,

Can you provide some more details about the app that is still running even though you deleted it? What HTML files are you changing exactly - shouldn't those be in the app that is no longer there?

Have you checked your running processes?

By the way, generally it takes a few minutes for changes you make to site/apps via the control panel to be updated in the web server configuration. That's most likely what you're experiencing with creating the new django app.

(23 Aug '11, 04:39) todork todork's gravatar image

Hi Todork,

Basically adding/removing apps from any site doesn't seem to take any effect.

An example is http://e-sprit.hu/ which is showing some photos, however in the control panel the site is disabled and there are no apps bound to it. (It used to be a simple static app)

I did tried binding some other apps (like django), nothing happened. I also did wait several minutes, hours even.

Long story short, it seems that the app binding functionality just stopped working for me.

Cheers, Balint

(23 Aug '11, 04:46) balint80 balint80's gravatar image

Hi Balint,

Sorry about that, nginx was failing to restart on the server hosting your account. I've fixed the problem, so everything should be fine now.

permanent link

answered 23 Aug '11, 04:59

todork's gravatar image

todork
1.2k4
accept rate: 34%

Thanks mate for the quick help!

(23 Aug '11, 05:15) balint80 balint80's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×53
×37

question asked: 23 Aug '11, 04:29

question was seen: 1,745 times

last updated: 23 Aug '11, 05:15

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM