WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

I run ruby 1.9.2 with RVM and use passenger from default webfaction installation and I get this error when trying to access site:

Cannot spawn application '/home/plehoux/webapps/rails/abrico': Could not read from the spawn server: Connection reset by peer (104)

I have absolutely no clue what is all about, any hint?

tks

asked 24 Aug '11, 02:17

plehoux
accept rate: 0%

one possibility is that this is caused by defunct processes. Another is that you have hit the limit of threads and/or open files, so a new process can't be spawned. Try turning off all of your applications, and then kill all of your processes with pkill -u $USER and start the rails process again. Does that help?

(24 Aug '11, 02:51) ryans ♦♦

I'd also like to know the answer to this... either that or have webfaction give us an install script for ruby 1.9.2 and Passenger 3... : )

(13 Sep '11, 04:41) wulftone

Having the same issue. When i checked the logs on mine, rvm is having problems "Your RVM wrapper scripts are too old. Please update them first by running 'rvm update --head && rvm reload && rvm repair all'." When i run that though, i run into another issue: -bash: /tmp/14674: /usr/bin/env: bad interpreter: Permission denied

(29 Sep '11, 13:54) agmcleod

Having the same issue. I'm not using RVM, though; I just manually set my GEM_HOME and GEM_PATH, compiled Ruby and pointed Nginx to the new ruby binary. (META: I would have upvoted this question but I don't have enough rep. I see that this forum means to be like StackOverflow, but I don't think it should mimic this part. I'm a customer and I'm having this issue. If I can't bump its priority here, I'm just going to pester the support people.)

(23 Dec '11, 09:13) nathanl

Please submit support tickets so we can look at each problem directly. We do have plans to build an installer which offers 1.9.2 as soon as all the technical issues with releasing it on our platform have been resolved. There is currently no ETA.

(23 Dec '11, 17:14) johns
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×25
×9

question asked: 24 Aug '11, 02:17

question was seen: 5,222 times

last updated: 23 Dec '11, 17:14

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM