WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I want to serve a simple Flash or CSS website but I cannot figure out how. I host multiple Wordpress installations with Webfaction but I had those automatically installed. I realize this is probably a very novice question but I can't find the answer (and I am a novice).

I have created a custom application that is listening on a port, I have uploaded a template to play with to that directory, and I have my site assigned to that application. I currently get the "502 Bad Gateway" error when I pull up the URL.

How do I get a CSS template or a Flash template to listen to a port? Maybe I need to use an install script instead of listening to a port?

Is this issue unique to the way that Webfaction has the sites hosted or have I just been asking the wrong questions in search engines?

Thank you for the help!

asked 24 Sep '11, 06:13

Bryan Costanza
accept rate: 0%

Hi,

You need to install a Static/CGI/PHP app. Custom apps listening on port are used when you want to run your own backend web server for example.

permanent link

answered 24 Sep '11, 06:22

todork
1.2k5
accept rate: 34%

That worked! I recall reading that in the directions but I misinterpreted what I was supposed to do about it.

I am slightly embarrassed and very thankful. Thank you!

(24 Sep '11, 06:49) Bryan Costanza

You are most welcome!

(24 Sep '11, 06:52) todork
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×19
×12
×5
×2

question asked: 24 Sep '11, 06:13

question was seen: 1,993 times

last updated: 24 Sep '11, 06:52

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM