WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Several hours ago I pointed my domain name to WebFaction. I created an email box/account just like one I had with my previous hosting company. I can check the mail just fine (via Mac and iPhone) but all messages I send go to said previous hosting company - I can see them from the webmail page. When I browse to my domain with a web browser, it goes to the new site, so it can't be a DNS propagation issue. Why does my domain point to my new host but an email address at my domain point to my old host?

UPDATE: I just received an email from someone else in the new account just fine, but when I sent one to myself again, it still went to the old account.

jorj

asked 25 Sep '11, 17:20

sirjorj
accept rate: 0%

edited 25 Sep '11, 17:53

It could still be a dns issue. Are you sending from a WebFaction account to your WebFaction account? If you would like us to take a closer look at your account, please open a support ticket. https://help.webfaction.com/

(25 Sep '11, 19:04) bmeyer71 ♦♦

This was resolved when a tech support guy refreshed the DNS info on the mail server.

permanent link

answered 01 Oct '11, 10:04

sirjorj
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×260
×128

question asked: 25 Sep '11, 17:20

question was seen: 2,610 times

last updated: 01 Oct '11, 10:04

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM