WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hello,

I'm looking some advice on how to implement at best the following setting.

Currently my WebFaction hosted website is powered by Django (e.g.: www.mydomain.com). But I would like to manage my blog as a static blog using Octopress (on my local computer) and then submit, using git, the deployed blog (so my blog will be a remote git repository of my full Octopress-managed blog on my computer). So what is the best way to achieve this? ideally the idea for the flow is: - create a static application where the blog site will be built - "git init" this area - remote push my deployed blog to this area - let's say this static blog root is here: www.mydomain.com/blog --> is this information to be provided to Django or is it automatically managed by .htaccess created by web faction when the static app is generated?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Carlo

asked 27 Sep '11, 01:07

viggio24
accept rate: 0%

Your workflow for git should work fine. Basically you create the app, create the repo and than push from your local environment and pull into the server. Many people automate the whole process with something like fabric.

If you bind the static app to '/blog' and the Django app to '/' in the control panel you should not need to configure anything with Django as the control panel and the front-end nginx server will take care of the URL.

permanent link

answered 27 Sep '11, 01:17

johns
5.3k312
accept rate: 23%

Thanks for the answer!

(27 Sep '11, 07:05) viggio24
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×908
×111
×11
×3

question asked: 27 Sep '11, 01:07

question was seen: 9,307 times

last updated: 27 Sep '11, 07:05

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM