WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I've been told the following can be done. Create a mailbox that anything@mydomain.com will go to. So if it isn't one of my defined email addresses, it will always go into this one mailbox. That way, I can use as many different email addresses as I like, for example when ordering online stuff. I can use me-amazon@mydomain.com, me-newegg@maydomain.com, etc. I can then setup my mail client to retrieve email for this special mailbox and if I start seeing a lot of spam, I can better figure out who set me up. The thing is, I don't want to have to set up all these email addresses, I just want to use them on the fly whenever I need one.

Thanks

asked 27 Sep '11, 23:58

Alfredo Jahn
accept rate: 0%

edited 28 Sep '11, 00:00

Hi,

You can do that by leaving the username blank while creating your email address here:
https://my.webfaction.com/email/create
and using the mailbox you want to use as the target.

Hope that helps!

permanent link

answered 28 Sep '11, 00:15

neeravk
1.5k3412
accept rate: 41%

Has this feature been disabled? I tried to create a catch-all addresses and keep getting the error message "This field is required." when leaving the first field of the address blank. (i.e.- __@domain.com)

(06 Dec '11, 14:35) Kara Brickman

The control panel is going through some design changes. The feature is not disabled, but it does work differently now. To create a catchall email address, enter an asterisk in the first field.

I hope this helps!

(06 Dec '11, 14:43) maryh ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×260
×69
×38
×33

question asked: 27 Sep '11, 23:58

question was seen: 4,396 times

last updated: 10 Dec '11, 16:48

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM