WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I have a sub-domain setup (joe.mydomain.com) and it is using a WP application. In my WP blog, I am trying to reference a .mp3 file that is stored at www.mydomain.com/joe/music/xxx.mp3

When I try to access that file, it can't find it. Before I setup the sub-domain, I could see these .mp3 files. What's going on?

thanks

asked 28 Sep '11, 14:20

Alfredo Jahn
accept rate: 0%

Looks like support got me fixed up. The original /joe directory got renamed to /joe2. Thanks anyway!

(28 Sep '11, 15:01) Alfredo Jahn

I finally got an answer to this. What you have to do is create a new "App" that is a "Symbolic Link" (to static-only app). Then use this link by adding it to a website. For example, I have a directory with mp3s that I want to access. They are in /home/domain/webapps/html/joe/music. So I add this new app to the website for my sub-domain and mount it to /music. Now I can access the mp3 files as /music/song.mp3. Works well.

permanent link

answered 03 Oct '11, 16:09

Alfredo Jahn
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×76

question asked: 28 Sep '11, 14:20

question was seen: 2,220 times

last updated: 05 Oct '11, 03:36

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM