WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I forgot my password for community.webfaction.com

I can request a temp login, to actually post a question, but i can't change my password, because its requesting my current password... which I forgot.

Can this quandary be fixed?

Thanks, Chris

asked 03 Oct '11, 08:42

THEM
accept rate: 0%

Hello,

Once you login using the temp link, you can go to the top right corner and click your community username to show your profile. Then "User tools" link and select authentication settings.

If you've created your account localy and you are not using an OpenID kind of access then you should get two password fields. The first one is for your new password while the second one is for validating any mistypes.

You should fill both fields with the same password and click the change password button to change your password.

permanent link

answered 03 Oct '11, 08:59

iliasr ♦♦
2.2k14
accept rate: 34%

I tried that, but a third field 'Current Password' is required, and I forgot that password.

(03 Oct '11, 10:07) THEM

I'm sorry for that but it seems that you do get a third field when a non administrative user is trying to reset his password.

I've looked into the official osqa site and such behaviour is intended by the osqa developers, so if you need to reset your password you should request it with a ticket in help.webfaction.com or by sending an email at support@webfaction.com.

(03 Oct '11, 10:40) iliasr ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×45
×6
×3
×1

question asked: 03 Oct '11, 08:42

question was seen: 2,702 times

last updated: 03 Oct '11, 10:41

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM