WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

I have recently migrated to WebFaction from running my own OS X Snow Leopard server. I have imported a particular database table into a database on Webfaction but am unable to connect to it.

Previously I used the following: <?php $server="66.209.94.35:8889"; $user="tutorial"; $pass="password"; $db="tutorials";

// connect to mysql
mysql_connect($server, $user, $pass) or die("Sorry, can't connect to the mysql.");

// select the db
mysql_select_db($db) or die("Sorry, can't select the database.");

?>

However since moving to webfation I cannot connect to the new database. I am trying to use this: <?php mysql_connect("184.172.207.82", "kuler_user", "password") or die("Sorry, can't connect to the mysql."); @mysql_select_db("kuler_user") or die("Unable to select database"); $result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM products"); mysql_close(); echo($result); ?>

I think I should point out that I am able to log into the database using Navicat without any problems.

Thanks

asked 14 Oct '11, 22:06

bbyrdhouse
accept rate: 0%

You would need to get remote access enabled for your database.

You can do that by filing a ticket with us at https://help.webfaction.com or by sending an email to support@webfaction.com from one of the emails in your account's contacts.

permanent link

answered 14 Oct '11, 22:13

neeravk
1.5k3412
accept rate: 41%

Thanks ... I'll do that right away.

(14 Oct '11, 22:17) bbyrdhouse
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×262
×168

question asked: 14 Oct '11, 22:06

question was seen: 3,157 times

last updated: 16 Oct '11, 10:23

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM