WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I found this thread where remi mentioned that SNI was on the todo list for WebFaction. It's been over a year since that post and I'm wondering if there has been any progress. Browser support has come a long way and for some time it has been available in Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari, Chrome, and more recently the browsers in iOS, Android, and Windows Phone 7. With support like that it seems like SNI is more than ready to be a viable option for a modern website. I think that this would be a welcome addition for a large number of WebFaction users as it adds a solid alternative for https in situations where dedicated ips are unnecessary.

asked 25 Oct '11, 22:15

foobie
accept rate: 0%

I would love to see it implemented, as well.

The problem, as far as I can tell, is that it breaks clients that don't support it.

Would it be possible to have the option of either SNI or dedicated IP on the same server? So when enabling SSL it lets you choose.

(28 Oct '11, 09:36) Donatzsky

We now support SNI on all servers, so if you want to run a HTTPS site using your certificate without a dedicated IP, you can do so. To do so:

• Create your HTTPS site in the control panel.
  • Open a support ticket to have us install your certificate.
permanent link

answered 01 Dec '11, 12:22

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×74
×4

question asked: 25 Oct '11, 22:15

question was seen: 3,429 times

last updated: 01 Dec '11, 12:22

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM