WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi all,

I'm trying to get pyexiv2 running on webfaction for a django app I'm developing. Since using yum is not allowed, I tried to untangle the dependencies and procedure, but have no success whatsoever. Is there anyone who would be able and willing to help? I would very much appreciate it!

P.

asked 14 Nov '11, 07:28

pjan
accept rate: 0%

I was looking at pyexiv2's installation guide and the dependencies that we don't have installed are exiv2 and scons. Exiv2 also needs iconv to be installed.

You should be able to install all of them on your home directory if you follow our home-install guide, but feel free to open a support ticket if you need any more assistance.

permanent link

answered 14 Nov '11, 08:06

iliasr ♦♦
2.2k14
accept rate: 35%

Hi iliasr,

thanks very much for your reply. It helped a lot. I'm very close to have it installed, but run into a final error, which I don't manage to solve. When running the scons, I get a bunch of errors in the style like "src/boost/python.hpp:29:34: error: boost/python/exec.hpp: No such file or directory". I've googled around, and they say it's because the python headers are missing, and suggest installing the python-dev (or similar) package. I just don't seem to find how to do this on CentOS. Would you (or anyone else) be able to help me out?

Thanks a lot!

(25 Nov '11, 10:01) pjan

Our various Python versions have headers available in the following locations on your server:

Version Header location
2.4 /usr/include/python2.4
2.5 /usr/local/include/python2.5
2.6 /usr/local/include/python2.6
2.7 /usr/local/include/python2.7
3.0 /usr/local/include/python3.0
3.1 /usr/local/include/python3.1
3.2 /usr/local/include/python3.2

If scons (or whatever tool you are using) has a configuration option to point it at a specific Python header location, then use whichever location above that corresponds to the version of Python that you are using.

If there is no configuration option, then try setting the LD_INCLUDE_PATH environment variable prior to running your build commands, eg:

export LD_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/include/python2.4
(25 Nov '11, 11:45) seanf
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×337
×8
×1

question asked: 14 Nov '11, 07:28

question was seen: 5,923 times

last updated: 25 Nov '11, 11:45

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM