WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hello,

I have trunk version of django installed for my app 1.4.x in which the default media locations have changed. Currently I have the STATIC_ROOT set as

STATIC_ROOT = '/home/<username>/webapps/django/lib/python2.7/django/contrib/admin/static/admin'

Anyone know how to configure the admin media under django 1.4 on web faction?

asked 18 Nov '11, 15:22

kcfancher
accept rate: 0%

I have the same problem: I created a Django trunk app (Python2.7, WSGI3.3). Looks like there are no settings required for STATIC_URL and STATIC_ROOT, at least I didn't see these in settings.py.

Starting apache2 runs into the MaxClients issue, and going to the top of the site says 'requested URL /' not found and gives a 404.

I also tried adding the STATIC_ROOT and STATIC_URL values (copied from a working app based on Django-1.3.1 earlier this week), but this did not help.

Nara

(25 Nov '11, 22:08) nara19

Since its trunk it can be a lot of things, as they change daily. If you submit a support ticket we would be happy to look directly.

(25 Nov '11, 22:27) johns

The current Django dev (trunk) documentation and the Django 1.3 documentation for static media (and STATIC_ROOT) appear mostly identical as of this writing. That means you should be able to use the standard procedure described in the WebFaction Django documentation.

Note in this documentation, the STATIC_ROOT is set to /home/username/webapps/static_media_app/ rather than pointing to the admin files directly in the django python library. the manage.py collectstatic command will copy the necessary files into the STATIC_ROOT for you when it is run as part of the installation procedure.

permanent link

answered 18 Nov '11, 20:09

ryans ♦♦
5.0k93360
accept rate: 43%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×30
×26

question asked: 18 Nov '11, 15:22

question was seen: 3,307 times

last updated: 25 Nov '11, 22:27

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM