WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hello,

I got a problem when I write data into directories with SSH/FTP account (not main account).

I can chmod directories on FTP with this account but the PHP files I uploaded have no write access to them. The only way to get write access is that creates and chmod directories on app's root directory with main account, and I move them into the correct path with my FTP account. I know PHP is running with main account but is there any way to get write access directly with PHP files which upload by FTP account?

Thanks very much :)

Sorry for my poor English.

asked 18 Nov '11, 20:40

hit1205
accept rate: 0%

edited 18 Nov '11, 20:48

When giving the secondary SSH/FTP user the access to your PHP application, have you used the methods described in our ACL documentation, here?

Specifically, the command setfacl -R -m d:u:primary_username:rwx $HOME/webapps/application from Step 7 in the documentation should guarantee that files uploaded with the secondary SSH user will still be writable by the main SSH account user.

permanent link

answered 18 Nov '11, 21:00

ryans ♦♦
5.0k93360
accept rate: 43%

Thanks, I ask the main account user to do all 7 steps and solve this problem =)

BTW, some steps will get system notices "This operation are not allowed." (in Chinese, I'm not sure what sentence it is in English) but the problem still be solved, maybe those notices are cause by the directories or files which be created by not-main account before, I guess.

(18 Nov '11, 23:04) hit1205

Right - those are "permission denied" errors, caused by files created by the non-main account.

You can open a support ticket and we can chown all files to the main user. That should solve this problem.

(18 Nov '11, 23:21) ryans ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×262
×62
×25
×20
×6

question asked: 18 Nov '11, 20:40

question was seen: 4,849 times

last updated: 18 Nov '11, 23:22

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM