WebFaction
Community site: login faq

My application will ask users to subscribe to our newsletter and then the system will send daily newsletters to those who subscribe. So I did some research on webfaction's email limits. Then I read the TOS and notice such a sentence: "The email facilities ... are not to be used ... for the sending of bulk email of more than 500 messages a day on average through our SMTP servers without prior arrangement." So what does this 500 limit exactly mean? Let's say I send a single newsletter with 500 bcc recipients. Then is the number of messages 1 or 500?

asked 23 Nov '11, 18:12

Georgie%20Poorgie's gravatar image

Georgie Poorgie
accept rate: 0%

The limit is recipients per day, so if you send a single e-mail with 500 BCC recipients, that will cause you to hit the limit.

We set the default sending limit per account to 500 recipients per day to control spam.

The limit simply places the messages in a hold queue, and we than review them and will release them or contact you if there is a problem. We can raise that based on need if you submit a support ticket with an example of the bulk mail you plan on sending for approval.

permanent link

answered 23 Nov '11, 18:57

johns's gravatar image

johns ♦♦
4.9k29
accept rate: 23%

edited 23 Nov '11, 19:02

seanf's gravatar image

seanf ♦♦
11.9k21333

Could you please tell me the pricing if we need a raise on the limit?

(24 Nov '11, 12:07) Georgie Poorgie Georgie%20Poorgie's gravatar image

There's no extra charge for raising the limit. We just need you to confirm that your mailing list is legitimate and that your mailing meets the requirements laid out in the WebFaction Acceptable Use Policy.

(24 Nov '11, 12:13) seanf ♦♦ seanf's gravatar image

I realize this is an old thread, but I have a clarifying question. Is the default limit of 500 recipients per day applicable to the entire webfaction account or, for example, per domain within the account?

permanent link

answered 31 Mar, 14:10

bvbb's gravatar image

bvbb
accept rate: 0%

The limit is for the entire account.

(31 Mar, 14:29) bmeyer71 ♦♦ bmeyer71's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×255

question asked: 23 Nov '11, 18:12

question was seen: 4,656 times

last updated: 31 Mar, 14:29

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM