WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm attempting to set up a pinax project. The available tutorial is for postgres, not mysql, but I installed the bindings with "pip install mysql-python". Syncdb works but when I access the page with a browser there's a DatabaseError and it can't access any of the tables. I found one very similar example on google: http://groups.google.com/group/pinax-users/browse_thread/thread/6a4c9389e0bad0e2 but it's not specific to webfaction. What do I need to do?

asked 25 Nov '11, 18:09

j_anon1
accept rate: 0%

We would have to see the full trackback to be able to troubleshoot. You can submit a support ticket and we can look directly. The problem is likely something minor, like something in settings.py or a missing python path configuration, looking at the live code and the full trackback would be needed to detect this.

permanent link

answered 25 Nov '11, 18:20

johns
5.4k312
accept rate: 23%

The database back-end should not matter. What do you have listed for a database back-end in your settings file? It should be django.db.backends.mysql

permanent link

answered 30 Nov '11, 13:50

tclancy
accept rate: 6%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×168
×13

question asked: 25 Nov '11, 18:09

question was seen: 3,291 times

last updated: 30 Nov '11, 13:50

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM