WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I developed a WP site on username.webfactional and when finished attempted to point the application to our hbwsecurities.com domain by creating an additional website record. That immediately broke things since wordpress' siteurl parameter changed to hbwsecurities.com and I had not yet updated DNS.

The DNS updated but the hbwsecurities.com domain still forwards to username.webfactional.com and shows site not configured.

I then removed the website record tying together the wordpress app and uername.webfactional domain. No change. I then removed also the website record for the proper domain, and then subsequently rebuilt it.

The proper hbwsecurities.com address still forwards to username.webfactional with the WP pageid attached. Which makes me think WP may still be involved, but I checked the site_url in the options table and attempted to hardwire the home and site url parameters in wp-config to no effect.

Please help.

asked 30 Nov '11, 18:31

Joe Bonanno
accept rate: 0%

It appears that only the mount point '/' is broken. Any page entered, such as hbwsecurities.com/?page_id=8 (the home page) works fine as do any pages after that.

From the WebFaction control panel I attempted to remove and recreate the / mount point in the website entry. Do I need to wait 5 mintues? It gives me an error saying "Value already exists"

(30 Nov '11, 19:49) Joe Bonanno

That sounds like its not the control panel, but a problem in the .htaccess file. Try editing the permalinks to regenerate it. More info can be found here, http://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-create-htaccess-file

(30 Nov '11, 21:22) johns ♦♦

Check the Site URL setting. WordPress has a 'site url' setting that you define within its admin panel. If you can not access the admin panel you can edit it directly in the database in options > site_url. The official WordPress docs are here.

permanent link

answered 30 Nov '11, 19:30

johns ♦♦
5.2k211
accept rate: 22%

I can get to the site url through either wp-admin or PHPMyAdmin, but it has already been checked (more than once, actually).

Any other ideas?

permanent link

answered 30 Nov '11, 19:38

Joe Bonanno
accept rate: 0%

Please submit a support ticket and we can look at the site directly.

(30 Nov '11, 21:20) johns ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×242
×28
×7

question asked: 30 Nov '11, 18:31

question was seen: 5,245 times

last updated: 30 Nov '11, 21:22

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM