WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I was working on a script that interacts with some DB tables. A function was to empty the tables.

I am not sure what I did, but the tables are now basically locked, so that any web application that tries to access these tables (PHPmyAdmin for example) just goes into perpetual loading spiral at that point.

Nothing seems to work. The tables were not huge or anything. I've never had tables not drop quickly.

FYI: I think I tried to delete 4 tables in one query with LOW PRIORITY. Apparently deleting more than one table is weird, so I tried a few different things that may have confused things. LOW PRIORITY supposedly waits until the tables are not being accessed to follow thru, but it's not possible that they are being accessed all night long, and it doesn't make sense for this kind of thing to get stuck.

I just want to be able to interact with these tables again. Any thing involving them even tangentially gets stuck. I'm guessing MySQL is a shared process. I'm on Web111 anyway. I'd rather not have to submit a ticket with a bunch of information.

asked 01 Dec '11, 23:31

Mick
accept rate: 0%

edited 01 Dec '11, 23:31

Please submit a support ticket, provide the names of the databases/tables having the issue and we can further investigate.

permanent link

answered 02 Dec '11, 00:00

johns
5.4k312
accept rate: 23%

Ok, sent. I'd set the priority to Urgent out of my own private frustration, but it reset to Low when I forgot to fill in the subject.

It's been a lost night of work.

(02 Dec '11, 01:17) Mick
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×168
×2
×1

question asked: 01 Dec '11, 23:31

question was seen: 3,230 times

last updated: 02 Dec '11, 01:17

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM