Hi,

Just installed MongoDB per WebFaction how-to page. When I point my browser to the app, I get this message.

You are trying to access MongoDB on the native driver port. 
For http diagnostic access, add 1000 to the port number

I have an index.html file installed there.

Any suggestions?

asked 04 Dec '11, 08:21

courierjurich's gravatar image

courierjurich
accept rate: 0%

Can you provide more info on what you are trying to do? MongoDB isn't meant to be accessed via HTTP. It does have an HTTP admin interface, is that what you're trying to access?

(04 Dec '11, 08:54) todork todork's gravatar image

@todork I get that errmsg (instead of index.html) when I point a browser at my domain. If I try to access the admin interface at mydomain:port I get a connection refused error.

(04 Dec '11, 09:05) courierjurich courierjurich's gravatar image

If you've pointed the MongoDB app to a website in the control panel, requests to that site would be forwarded to the MongoDB on the port you've run it on. If you want your site to display the index.html instead, you shouldn't assign the MongoDB app to it, but a Static/PHP/CGI app instead.

Again, I'm still not sure what you're trying to achieve. Can you provide more information?

(04 Dec '11, 09:11) todork todork's gravatar image

I was going to try that next.

(04 Dec '11, 13:33) courierjurich courierjurich's gravatar image
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×24

Asked: 04 Dec '11, 08:21

Seen: 2,164 times

Last updated: 04 Dec '11, 13:33

Plans & prices    Sign up    Why WebFaction?    Contact us    Affiliate program    Support    Legal    Jobs    Blog    Control panel login