WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm considering Webfaction for web hosting as well as for the relatively modest email needs of the nonprofit with which I'm employed. I noticed, however, that Webfaction is hosted at The Planet and Softlayer, which my experience elsewhere suggests are not providers that take a very noticeably active interest in policing their networks against spammers. Our current hosting service has been plagued by email deliverability problems due to public and private blacklisting, and I'm reluctant to switch to another provider where we'll have the same issues. My concern is that some of those issues may crop up simply by virtue of being hosted at The Planet/Softlayer.

With that in mind, have users had problems delivering mail sent from Webfaction SMTP servers? What are the IPs of those SMTP servers used by Webfaction customers so that I can check them for blacklisting history? Any other insights?

An no, we're not spammers, send only a tiny volume of mail, have no distribution lists, and use email only for keeping in contact between associates, clients seeking support, and employees.

Thanks for your help.

asked 05 Dec '11, 21:39

prospectivec...
accept rate: 0%

Hi,

We've had a satisfying experience with ThePlanet and SoftLayer on this matter. They've been taking spam reports seriously and they've taken the necessary steps to prevent further incidents from happening.

The IP address of our SMTP server (used by all our customers is 74.55.86.74.

Here are a few links where you can check its reputation:

Senderbase

Barracuda

Blacklistcheck

If you have any other concerns, please let us know - we will gladly address them.

permanent link

answered 06 Dec '11, 02:42

todork
1.2k4
accept rate: 34%

We offer seed-based delivery monitoring at 10 email providers and run email through multiple spam filters to let you know if there is a content issue. That may be helpful as you evaluate your options.

MailMonitorApp.com

permanent link

answered 20 Dec '11, 11:22

MailMonitor
accept rate: 0%

edited 20 Dec '11, 11:23

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×260
×41
×33
×3
×1

question asked: 05 Dec '11, 21:39

question was seen: 3,156 times

last updated: 20 Dec '11, 11:23

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM