Hi,

I was wondering if anyone have been successful in setting up and using Perforce (source control) server at WebFactions, and if there exists a user guide on how to do this (could not find this in WebFaction's official documentation).

The installation process itself seems fairly straight forward from Perforce's own installation guide, but there are a few things that I'm not sure about. More precisely, about the environment provided by WebFactions.

1. Is Perforce server supported by WebFactions?

2. Which version of Perforce server would be the best choice/is compatible with WebFaction servers? Available installations are: Linux kernel 2.6 for 64-bit Itanium (IA64), Linux kernel 2.6 for 32-bit Intel (x86) and Linux kernel 2.6 for 64-bit Intel (x64).

I've got some server details from uname -a, but I'm fairly new to this stuff, and I'm not sure which of the installations I should choose and how to proceed, so I thought I'd check if somebody else here has done this before. And, if so, I guess it will be a good contribution to the Community Wiki :)

asked 08 Dec '11, 09:55

Leif's gravatar image

Leif
accept rate: 0%

edited 08 Dec '11, 10:06

I'm guessing that Linux kernel 2.6 for 64-bit Intel (x64) is the way to go, but just want to make sure :)

(08 Dec '11, 10:37) Leif Leif's gravatar image

Just about any HTTP server you want to build is supported. The ones we provide we have documentation for, and the ones we don't we are happy to look at if you run into problems with a support ticket. Our documentation that covers the basics of building software from source may be found here.

As for which version, you should pick x64 if you are on web300 or above, and 32 bit for any other server.

link

answered 08 Dec '11, 17:58

johns's gravatar image

johns ♦♦
4.1k28
accept rate: 23%

edited 08 Dec '11, 17:58

Thanks! :)

(12 Dec '11, 09:21) Leif Leif's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×74
×4
×1

Asked: 08 Dec '11, 09:55

Seen: 842 times

Last updated: 12 Dec '11, 09:21

Plans & prices    Sign up    Why WebFaction?    Contact us    Affiliate program    Support    Legal    Jobs    Blog    Control panel login