WebFaction
Community site: login faq

How can I install the newer numpy 1.6 version? Currently, 1.5.0 is installed for Python 2.7..

Are Python 3rd party libraries installed per Application? And what Python instance does a Django app use? (i.e., how can I access this new numpy 1.6 version from a Django app)

asked 11 Dec '11, 06:50

revocode
accept rate: 0%

Hi,

You can take a look at this post in our old forums, which includes instructions on how to install numpy in your user space. You can also check our documentation on installing Python packages in general.

When you install packages for a specific path, they would be available under ~/webapps/<appname>/lib/pythonX.Y/

You could also instlal them under ~/lib/pythonX.Y/. Generally, they need to be on the Python search path for your app to find them. I'd suggest that you read our full documentation on Python for a full description on how this works.

permanent link

answered 11 Dec '11, 07:00

todork
1.2k4
accept rate: 34%

thanks, it works! Do you happen to know if lapack and atlas are installed on the machines? I now just compiled and installed numpy without paying attention to lapack and atlas.

(11 Dec '11, 07:33) revocode

Yes atlas and lapack are installed on the system-wide version installed.

(11 Dec '11, 08:25) timg ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×337
×102
×5

question asked: 11 Dec '11, 06:50

question was seen: 3,951 times

last updated: 11 Dec '11, 08:25

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM