WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

I want to use the APC php extension, I read in a different thread that I need to create a custom apache/php build and run it myself. I got pointed to the script here: https://wiki.webfaction.com/attachment/wiki/MiscellaneousFiles/build_php_worker.sh

So I decided to try it out, but after running the script, there are some errors at the end (I wasnt able to capture all the logs sadly):

ext/xmlreader/php_xmlreader.o(.text+0x126e): In function `zim_xmlreader_setSchema':
/home/roytang/customphp/.src/php_fcgi-5.2.9/ext/xmlreader/php_xmlreader.c:983: undefined reference to `xmlTextReaderSchemaValidate'
ext/xmlreader/php_xmlreader.o(.text+0x14f5): In function `zim_xmlreader_XML':
/home/roytang/customphp/.src/php_fcgi-5.2.9/ext/xmlreader/php_xmlreader.c:1109: undefined reference to `xmlTextReaderSetup'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [sapi/cgi/php-cgi] Error 1
+ MAKE_EXIT=2
+ set -e
+ echo 'MAKE EXIT CODE: 2'
MAKE EXIT CODE: 2
+ '[' 2 -ne 0 ']'
+ RUN_AGAIN=1
+ '[' 3 -gt 2 ']'
+ echo 'STUBBORN_MAKE failed 3 times.  Failing.'
STUBBORN_MAKE failed 3 times.  Failing.
+ return 1

Does this mean the entire process failed? There's an apache directory created where I pointed it to, but it seems to be configured to the default port 80 instead of the port I assigned. Any idea what I need to do to make it work, or is the script I used out of date? Since the install had a problem, can I safely delete the directory I installed it to (and should I try again)? Is there a better way of doing what I want?

Thanks all :D

asked 18 Dec '11, 02:51

roytang
accept rate: 0%

Yes, you can delete the custom app(listening o port) that you created from the panel and install APC for your existing application by following the guide here.

permanent link

answered 18 Dec '11, 02:54

neeravk
1.5k3412
accept rate: 41%

"# Customize the php.ini file of the desired web application" <- my application doesn't have a php ini (I'm just using a normal php 5.3 application created from the control panel) - is there a different type of app I should be using?

(18 Dec '11, 03:02) roytang

No, if you don't have one, you can create it and the lines mentioned in the tutorial.

(18 Dec '11, 03:08) neeravk

Excellent. Thanks!

(18 Dec '11, 03:16) roytang
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×262
×225
×47

question asked: 18 Dec '11, 02:51

question was seen: 3,568 times

last updated: 18 Dec '11, 03:16

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM