WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi all, Following step-by-step instructions I have a Trac app which works successfully under my HTTPS website however I didn't find the way to install the SSL certificate in order to avoid the SSL error when users log to the service. Does Apache conf need to be changed ? If so, what is needed (I'm a complete newbie !) ??

Thanks !

asked 19 Dec '11, 00:28

Luc
accept rate: 0%

All HTTPS is handled by our front-end Nginx webserver, so by the time requests are proxied to your application, any SSL layers have already been removed. This is generally a very good thing, because it means you can enjoy the full benefits of HTTPS without needing to worry about any of the configuration.

Instead, the WebFaction Support staff will be happy to install your certificate for you. All you need is to create an HTTPS website record and upload the certificate files to your home directory; we can do the rest. More information about HTTPS is available in our documentation. Hope that helps!

permanent link

answered 19 Dec '11, 00:45

ryans ♦♦
5.0k73159
accept rate: 43%

Thanks ! Everything makes perfect sense now.

Luc

permanent link

answered 29 Dec '11, 22:42

Luc
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×92
×73
×27
×25

question asked: 19 Dec '11, 00:28

question was seen: 3,497 times

last updated: 29 Dec '11, 22:42

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM