WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I want to use webfaction as torrent proxy to improve my privacy. Is that possible, if yes how could I configure it?

I am on GNU/Linux, and my main torrent client is Transmission.

And yes, I am familiar with WebFaction's AUP

asked 19 Dec '11, 17:55

kennym
accept rate: 0%

edited 19 Dec '11, 18:00

No, for a few reasons, Sections 1.a, k, l of the AUP,

Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.

Giving unrestricted access to our resources to untrusted users; this includes for instance running an anonymous ftp server or an open webmail service.

Storing material on our servers that is not for the primary purpose of hosting a website, and associated email functions. This includes, without limitation, storing backup data unrelated to your websites and emails or storing personal music or video collections.

permanent link

answered 19 Dec '11, 19:06

johns
5.4k312
accept rate: 23%

I don't want to download movies, I just want to use a proxy for downloading distro ISOs which don't break any copyright. Is that still prohibited?

(19 Dec '11, 19:23) kennym

That would violate our "Storing material on our servers that is not for the primary purpose of hosting a website [...] is prohibited" clause.

(22 Dec '11, 05:19) remi
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×25
×3

question asked: 19 Dec '11, 17:55

question was seen: 10,136 times

last updated: 22 Dec '11, 05:19

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM