WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Has anyone successfully integrated a git or subversion webapp with XCode's source control features (on the local machine)? I am using XCode 4.2 and git on Webfaction. I specify a new repository from within the XCode Organizer on my local machine as follows:

Name:      Webfaction
Location:  ssh://username@username.webfactional.com:webapps/mygit/repos/project.git
Username:  username
Pasword:   ----------

Where username is my Webfaction username and mygit is the name of the git app. After I do this XCode shows the repository in its left-hand list but has a spinning, loading icon that never goes away.

I followed the installation and creating a repository directions in the Webfaction tutorial while setting up my application. I did not do anything with SSH keys; is that necessary?

Also, I am not dead set on using git, so if someone has successfully used a different source control system hosted on Webfaction with XCode 4 I would like to hear how you did it. I am a newbie when it comes to source control and don't work on a team.

asked 30 Dec '11, 09:19

chrispy
accept rate: 0%

Hi,

Are you prompted for your SSH password? I am not familiar with Xcode 4, but I find it more likely that it uses a password authentication, and you don't necessarily need to set up SSH keys.

You can also try setting up and HTTPS site and mount your Git app to it, then try to access it via HTTPS instead. Please let us know if this works out.

(30 Dec '11, 10:04) todork
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×111
×4
×2

question asked: 30 Dec '11, 09:19

question was seen: 3,853 times

last updated: 30 Dec '11, 10:04

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM