WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hello,

I'm in the process of setting up caching and a CDN for my Wordpress based blog and am having some problems getting it to work correctly.

I'm using the plugin W3 Total Cache and it reports this extension as missing from the PHP install:

Mime type detection: Not installed (required for CDN support)

How would I go about installing this?

asked 31 Dec '11, 02:23

devnulled
accept rate: 0%

Are you using the normal wordpress app from the panel or a Static/CGI/PHP 5.3 app?

If it is a normal app, can you try using a Static/CGI/PHP5.3 app?

(31 Dec '11, 04:03) neeravk

It's the normal Static/CGI/PHP app, but PHP 5.2 since it is a site I created a couple of years ago.

I recreated the app as a PHP 5.3 app, but it's still showing up as PHP 5.2. Almost all of the other apps in my account are PHP 5.2, so perhaps that has something to do with it?

(31 Dec '11, 04:56) devnulled

No, it shouldn't as they are seperate applications. Could you check your .htaccess and php.ini files for any fixed directives for PHP 5.2? If you can't find anything, could you open a support ticket for us to take a closer look on your account?

(31 Dec '11, 06:03) iliasr ♦♦

Okay, I have my app running on PHP 5.3 now, but these Apache modules are not being ran as they were on PHP 5.2?

mod_deflate: Not detected (required for Page Cache (enhanced mode) and Browser Cache) mod_env: Not detected (required for Page Cache (enhanced mode) and Browser Cache) mod_expires: Not detected (required for Page Cache (enhanced mode) and Browser Cache) mod_headers: Not detected (required for Page Cache (enhanced mode) and Browser Cache) mod_mime: Not detected (required for Page Cache (enhanced mode) and Browser Cache) mod_rewrite: Not detected (required for Page Cache (enhanced mode) and Browser Cache) mod_setenvif: Not detected (required for Page Cache (enhanced mode) and Browser Cache)

(31 Dec '11, 16:14) devnulled

Actually, never mind.. I realize my original question was answered. I will mark this question as answered and just open another ticket. Thanks!

(31 Dec '11, 16:19) devnulled

Neervak had the correct answer-- make sure your app is running on PHP 5.3 and this module is already enabled.

permanent link

answered 31 Dec '11, 16:21

devnulled
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×245
×7
×3
×3
×3

question asked: 31 Dec '11, 02:23

question was seen: 6,284 times

last updated: 31 Dec '11, 16:21

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM