WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm upgrading my site which uses drupal by doing a fresh install. My original drupal 5.x site is in directory mysite running php 5.2. My goal is to create new app that is Drupal 7.x running php 5.3 in the mysite directory.

Since renaming applications is not allowed I'm creating two additional apps to support swapping the installs as described in Rename webfaction application?. I'll install two new sites: mysite_new and mysite_old. I'll copy the original drupal site into mysite_old and install a fresh drupal 7 install in mysite_new. I'll switch the website to use mysite_old to keep everything running as before. Once the new site is configured and working I'll copy it into the original mysite folder.

My question is, since the original mysite webapp was configured as Static/CGI/PHP-5.2 is there a way for me to re-configure it as php 5.3? Is it as simple as copying a symbolic link to php53.cgi? Or is there more to it? And it there a way to get the webfaction control panel to recognize the app as 5.3? Or should I just delete the mysite php 5.2 application in the control panel and create a new php 5.3 app?

asked 03 Jan '12, 14:04

user
accept rate: 0%

The simplest thing to do would be to create a PHP 5.3 symlink app that points to the PHP 5.2 app directory, but then you'll end up with two apps that you need to keep track of.

In my opinion, a better long-term solution is to create new 5.3 apps and copy your old 5.2 app files over to the new apps.

permanent link

answered 03 Jan '12, 17:08

seanf
12.2k42136
accept rate: 37%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×262
×58
×9

question asked: 03 Jan '12, 14:04

question was seen: 2,703 times

last updated: 03 Jan '12, 17:08

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM