WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

I successfully installed wordpress 3.3.1 subdomain mu yesterday and as far as I can tell, I've installed the "WordPress MU Domain Mapping" plugin correctly. The subdomain sites work if I use the subdomain url (subdomain.domain.com) but if I change the primary domain to another domain (from subdomain.domain.com to domain1.com) which is on webfaction, the site will not work. When I go to domain1.com, I'll only see the webfaction coming soon page. Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks!

asked 12 Jan '12, 16:10

caly
accept rate: 0%

It sounds to me like you have not added domain1.com to the website record that serves your WPMU app. If you don't have the domain assigned to the website record, then our domain-based virtual hosting setup won't know what to serve for that domain.

If you are certain that you have all of the domains assigned to the site and it is still not working properly, feel free to open a support ticket and we'll be happy to take a closer look.

permanent link

answered 12 Jan '12, 16:29

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

Yes!!!

That was it. I needed to add domain1.com to my app. I didn't realize that because all the documentation I have been reviewing was based solely on wordpress.

Thank you very much!!!

(12 Jan '12, 17:11) caly
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×244

question asked: 12 Jan '12, 16:10

question was seen: 3,105 times

last updated: 12 Jan '12, 17:11

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM