WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm trying to find the equivalent to X-Envelope-To from my old hosting provider, for my mail client's rules.

There's an X-Original-To: but it just contains mailboxname (not address)@mailbox6.webfaction.com.

The old forum (http://forum.webfaction.com/viewtopic.php?id=4055) indicates it was being looked into at some point.

Has this ever been added? I can see it in the Received: headers, but obviously it would be easier to get it from a header that occurs once and contains only the information I want to filter on.

asked 13 Jan '12, 20:43

Hoboes's gravatar image

Hoboes
accept rate: 25%

Hi,

Unfortunately we don't inject such a header, but the information is contained in the first Webfaction Received header - "Received: from example.org (1.1.1.1) by mx7.webfaction.com (Postfix) with ESMTP ID XXXXXXXXXX for EMAILADDRESS@EXAMPLE.ORG; .... ". Depending on how sophisticated your client rules are, you can use the Received header for this purpose.

permanent link

answered 14 Jan '12, 02:12

todork's gravatar image

todork
1.2k4
accept rate: 34%

Hi,

Still no chance to have the "X-Original-To" header?
I redirect all my emails to a single Gmail account and would like to create a filter based on the original address.
AFAIK, it's not possible in Gmail to test for the first WebFaction "Received" header.

PS: Just because I'm curious, can you please tell me why (briefly is fine). Thanks :-)

permanent link

answered 10 Apr, 08:26

especific's gravatar image

especific
accept rate: 0%

I'm not sure why Gmail can't test in the way you described. I'm forwarding from WebFaction-hosted email addresses to a Gmail account, I just just filter on the recipient address. In Gmail's filter list, it looks like "Matches: to:(user@domain.com)". Are you not able to filter like that?

(10 Apr, 17:02) maryh ♦♦ maryh's gravatar image

Yes but not when you're in Bcc.

(11 Apr, 07:13) especific especific's gravatar image

I think that you are correct; the filter does not work for Bcc. I've had similar issues, so I ended up pulling the mail from Gmail using POP and applying a label on the messages instead of forwarding them.

(11 Apr, 09:34) dimitari dimitari's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×255
×10
×1
×1

question asked: 13 Jan '12, 20:43

question was seen: 2,798 times

last updated: 11 Apr, 09:34

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM